Officer of the Court Techniques 310 – program Wildlife Protection JCA.1D – Geligatmu’g Gmitginu
|Legal Roles and Responsibilities of the Wildlife Officer (group 13)
The course holder will be responsible for developing the following competency elements:
- Explain the functions of various institutions in wildlife protection.
- Describe the legal requirements for operations.
- Evaluate the legality of the officer’s actions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in the relevant field. In some cases, relevant experience may be required in lieu of formal education.
- Experience in the field of wildlife protection is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the legal aspects of the Peace and Wildlife Officer function.
- Ability to use Windows, Office 365, Teams and Moodle software.
- Apply the principles of the competency-based approach.
- Successful completion of the French test.
- Proficiency in English is mandatory.
Note: These courses will be delivered entirely in English and given in a 25-hour/week block of instruction in the Listuguj community, unless otherwise noted. The College reserves the right to cancel these courses without notice.